Rachael Gros

Music Educator

CKV: A History of The Fuller Brush Company

on July 9, 2015

I worked on a video about a nationwide company that is from my small hometown of Great Bend, Kansas. A lot of folks have heard of the Fuller Brush Company and many people remember the door to door salesmen that would come knock on your door to sell you cleaning supplies. This is the story from the CEO of the Company, Brady Gros. He talks about the history of the company, all the ups and downs, what they produce, and why this company is important to small town Kansas. I am proud to come from a town that has such a large company. 

Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 11.42.50 PMTo develop this video, I used iMovie. Unfortunately, my iPad’s memory was full so I elected to do this project on my computer. I felt that I had more control on my computer with adding sound, video and pictures. This video was really easy to put together and upload. I had a separate sound file that I just added pictures too. Then at the end I did a short video recording of Mr. Gros that showed why having such a big business is important to Great Bend. I also appreciated that iMovie has themes you can choose from that also do automatic transitions.

From a teacher’s standpoint this would be easy to have students do a project using this app either on the iPad or on the computer. You can have them do any project and you could have them do audio with pictures or video. This app was easy for me to use and I would recommend it for anyone trying to create a video project.