Rachael Gros

Music Educator

Interactive Whiteboards & Screencasting, My first Screencast!

on June 22, 2015

Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 11.19.53 PMThis week I made a short video about Organs and Their Stops! I used a really neat app called Explain Everything. This app is an interactive whiteboard app that has many different interactive tools to make videos better. This app has everything from a laser pointer to grouping pictures to a writing tool. It can be found on the app store for 2.99, however, I found it worth the price.

This app starts with a clean screen that you can add text, pictures and sound to. You can group pictures together write on them or use a laser pointer. How it works is you click the record button and then you can move pictures around and draw while you are talking. It records your audio as well as you on screen movements and drawings.

This app was really easy to use for what I needed to do. It is also really easy to share to many different formats such as youtube, to your iPad or iTunes. You could easily make one of these and share with your students. You can also have students make one to cover a topic they are covering. They can demonstrate their understanding and show what they know through audio and on screen drawings.

Overall, this app was fun and easy to use. I know that I did not use it to its fullest potential and I plan to keep exploring the app even more. It was well worth the price and I would recommend this to any teacher that is trying to execute a flipped classroom or wants to use this for a lesson.